Here is to Keeping The Main Thing, The Main Thing

It is easy to lose site of the "The Main Thing" in the midst of the busyness of the days.  Today I found myself observing awesome lessons around annotating bibliographies, hearing the always inspiring UNLOCK class story being presented to visitors, creating ecosystems, talking with students ecstatic about the playhouse they designed, built and delivered to a local preschool, and writing scary Halloween stories....all awesome, yet I left overwhelmed with the amount of work to be done.  Being a school of innovation is insanely fun most of the time, but it requires being out of my comfort zone a lot and not always knowing the answers.  

As I was dealing with concerns around providing appropriate interventions for various populations, PGES (KY's new evaluation system), ILPs (Individual Learning Plans), and addressing general issues I thought about how blessed I am to have a wonderful team to serve along.  They are problem solvers who love teaching and they love children. There are barriers everyday, but they do a wonderful job staying focused on the most important component.  A special person reminded me today that it is simple, "We have to keep The Main Thing, The Main Thing" and that is the truth.  At the end of the day, the innovation is necessary for our Next Generation Learners and the work we are doing is incredible, but we can never forget the children in the work.  The children are in fact the main thing, their safety and their learning can never be lost in the busyness of the checklist that can sometime overshadow the awesomeness occurring daily.  When you keep The Main Thing, The Main Thing...the focus on innovating, overcoming, and growing happens for all the right reasons.  

Thank you friend for reminding me that keeping The Main Thing, The Main Thing is why we are educators!  I love the E-TEAM, Emagineers! As you pursue innovation and change, give it all you have, but never forget The Main Thing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Principal Mother...Round I

Today was "THAT" Day and my HEART is Full Beyond Measure

Today is more than a black and white issue, it is an issue of our hearts...