Who would have thought...

Last night I sat in a very hot gym filled with people who were watching their loved ones graduate and begin the next journey in life.  I saw many, many folks and thought of others who have impacted my own journey at some point or another in the last twenty-fives year.  My heart was full as I thought about life and how thankful I am for the journey.

And then I started thinking, who would have thought...

  • that for many years I drove a tractor better than I could drive a car, which eventually led to my love of manual transmissions...my car is a six speed and I am not sure I will ever be able to settle for an automatic. 
  • that I was engaged in high school to the love of my life and in June we will celebrate 19 years together and I still love him.  In fact, I never thought I could love him more than I did then...but I do.  He is my rock.  
  • that I would be an educator, my goal was to get out of school and do something, anything but school or farm. I have accomplished one and could not live without the other.  
  • that I would travel the world and love it and have friends on so many different continents.
  • that my family would be built in such a unique way that only God could orchestrate and that an independent lady would have to depend on people she knew and didn't know to make it happen.
  • that I would have the privilege to love and support so many different children.  I smile here because  I still have twenty more year or so to serve in this wonderful profession, God willing.
  • that I would leave Kentucky and everyone that I love for the next leg of the journey...
It will be hard to pull away, but I have found the greatest experiences are those that we least expect in OUR plans and those in which we let God orchestrate.  The decision to relocate was not an easy decision, but we are already learning and embarking on a new journey that is exciting.  


I want my life journey to be one where I continue to serve my passion, never become complacent, and follow dreams.  I am proud of journey thus far and am thankful for the opportunities I have had to this point.  In fact, without the journey I am not sure I would even consider making this move.  God always has a plan, I fully believe that He opens hearts and doors orchestrating where we will live out our journey.  My dash already includes: happiness, sadness, fun, stress, learning, stubbornness, mistakes, regrets, and many others... I hope overall at the end of the day it represents JOY more than anything.  Joy in the Lord and whatever he has for me and my family in this life on earth.

In our families recent decision to relocate, I have learned a lot already.  I suspect I am in for many more revelations.  The most recent revelation I had was last night.  As I sat in that very hot gym, it hit me...God knew.  Nineteen years ago, I sat in that seat and had no plans other than to get married and all would be well with the world, right?  Well, a lot has happened in nineteen years.  Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future.

Who would have thought...may God Bless You and YOUR JOURNEY! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Principal Mother...Round I

Today was "THAT" Day and my HEART is Full Beyond Measure

Today is more than a black and white issue, it is an issue of our hearts...