Who's on F.I.R.E?

In 2030, what will life look like?  It is crazy to think about as technology and life has evolved at an exponential rate of change.  Why 2030? No reason other than it is my reference point from the time I graduated high school to now and I often ponder changes what life will look like for our students currently graduating.  What are we doing to better prepare them?  I have come to realize that there are those who believe status quo is acceptable and those who realize that status quo is not good enough for lifetime learners.  I am in the latter and am committed to keeping up with the rapid changes taking place in the competitive educational realm to provide the students entrusted to Eminence Middle/High School with a first-class level of education.  The vision of Eminence encompasses the quest to produce world-class citizens. We strive to achieve this everyday.

To the question in the Blog Post: Who is on F.I.R.E? That would be Eminence Independent Schools and we are in fact on F.I.R.E.  What does it really mean to be on F.I.R.E?  Many have asked questions lately about our school and the work we are doing,  then it hit me...I realized that blogging may be a great way to communicate our work to those interested in following our story.  Stay tuned to hear from students, teachers, and other stakeholders as we tell our story.  I will spend some time giving some background on various initiatives and hopefully bring you along on that journey providing you a solid foundation that will reveal the importance of our work today.  

We will begin with the easy parts; for example, the acronym F.I.R.E evolved as a result of defining the work to be done at Eminence.  It stands for the Framework for Innovation to Reinvent Education and we are proud as we move forward in designing a framework for the children entrusted to our schools as we prepare them for the Next Generation of Learning necessary to produce students that are prepared for the world that will greet them upon the graduation from high school.  We believe school must look different to achieve the desired results necessary to produce competitive graduates that will be innovators for our future.

As a leader of a school on F.I.R.E, I too have had to learn and push my own limits.  The technology required to keep up with the students entrusted to our care has required me to set aside my anxieties, jump in and be unafraid to ask for help.  Blogging...who knew in 1996 when I graduated high school that I would be blogging about my love of learning, well that real answer is probably no one.  I was getting married and I was certainly not to worried about innovation or education at that point.  The truth is though my journey has brought me to a place I could never imagine.  I love learning.  I love students.  I love teachers.  I love school (despite the fact that I skipped as much as I could get away with as a student).  I love challenges.  I love that everyday I get to wake up with the potential to make a difference.  I love that my students hold me accountable and require me to learn.  I love that I found the courage to share with you through this Blog.  I love serving others and I am glad to share my journey with you.

In 2030, what will life look like for the graduates of 2014?  It is hard to even think about how much life will change in the next 17 years.  I love learning.  I love innovation. I love personalizing learning. I have the privilege to watch this work first hand at Eminence Middle and High School.  Follow us on Twitter @ #eminence and #schoolonfire and you can follow me @PrincipalTreece

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Principal Mother...Round I

Today was "THAT" Day and my HEART is Full Beyond Measure

Today is more than a black and white issue, it is an issue of our hearts...