And some had to fall...

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for another  John 15:13.  The Love of a Leader is possible because lives were lost.  People willing to give their lives for their country.  I feel insufficient to even write about my freedoms.  Life is full of trials and journeys and I am thankful for the freedom to experience life.  Freedom gained by sacrifice should be the most appreciated and yet our free lives are often so complicated we too often forget.  I get to live out many loves of my life daily because others gave the ultimate sacrifice.  I pray that I honor them daily through my demonstration of what I love resulting from freedom.

Here are a few of my loves made possible due to the sacrifice of men and women willing to sacrifice their own lives for others...

  • The freedom to choose Christianity and live out my profession daily.  My sanctification journey  is far from over and I am thankful for God's grace.  I need it daily.
  • That I was able to choose my profession.  I love serving people and I cannot dream of a better way to  live out my life than in the field of education as a life long learner.  To play a small part in the lives of others, some of who choose to serve in the military is overwhelming at times. 
  • That Darrell chose me to live life with him and we have a beautiful girl who adds laughter to our lives every single day.  
  • That this is a small world and everywhere I travel, I meet people that share common passions and I am able to stay connected with them no matter their location.  
I am thankful for the service of our military men and women.  Thank you doesn't seem sufficient.  When I watch the news and see people being beheaded based on their beliefs, people starving, nations at war, and other major issues I know I am reminded I live in a special place.  While we have issues of our own, we have much to be thankful for in the United States of America.  All gave some, and some gave all, some stood through for the red, white, and blue, and some had to fall.  For those fallen soldiers I hope I am honoring to their sacrifice every day through the gift of freedom.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for another... John 15:13.  Memorial Day, a day deeply rooted in love from people we will meet on the other side.  May God Bless America!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Principal Mother...Round I

Today was "THAT" Day and my HEART is Full Beyond Measure

Today is more than a black and white issue, it is an issue of our hearts...